[WikiEN-l] Re: Search function

John Robinson john at freeq.com
Sun Aug 3 06:42:25 UTC 2003

Try using google.  It's usually months out of date; you have to put
site:wikipedia.org in there manually to find anything that's actually
on the Wikipedia; it comes up with gobs of results, many of which are
in languages you can't read.  And it's fast!  For instance, according
to google, my search came up in no time at all:

 >Your search - "teng hsiao ping" site:wikipedia.org - did not match any
 >documents.
 >
 >Suggestions:
 >
 >- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
 >- Try different keywords.
 >- Try more general keywords.
 >- Try fewer keywords.
 >
 >Also, you can try Google Answers for expert help with your search.

How easy is that?

(don't tell me, you're one of those folks who's hung up on blaming
browsers when the problem's with the server.)

-John "Hephaestos" Robinson (who doesn't work for google either, but
one's probably better able to tell it in my case.)