[WikiEN-l] Re: Search function

martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 02:47:46 UTC 2003

> It's definitely '''not''' easy to find articles without Wikipedia's search
> facility  I just typed in "[[continental breakfast]]", not knowing that such
> an article does not exist (yet) and was referred to [[Departments of the
> Continental Army]]

Try using google. It's fast; it doesn't cause Wikipedia to slow down; it gives vastly
better content summaries; and it's much better at evaluating the relative importance
of pages. For example, if I do a google search for "continental breakfast", I get two
hits, in under a second: [[breakfast]], and [[Full English breakfast]]. Parfait!

How easy is that?
(don't tell me, you're on some browser where the google taskbar doesn't play, or
something - in which case, sorry...)

-Martin "MyRedDice" Harper