[WikiEN-l] Re: Again

koyaanis qatsi obchodnakorze at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 00:45:37 UTC 2003

KF wrote:
> Whenever I try to access Wikipedia, this is what
> I get. No one has reacted to the same message
> which I posted for the first time 24 hours ago,
> which I find rather strange. A number of minor
> disputes still seem to be going on, and people
> do react to them. But how do you work if you
> can't read, let alone edit Wikipedia articles?
> Or is it just me who can't get in?

I'm having the same problem, periodically, but I
didn't respond earlier because there's nothing I can
do about it.  I understand your frustration, but I
think that most of the developers aren't around right
now, and do all they can when they are.  Within a few
years we'll probably need as many machines as slashdot
has--which will cost quite a lot--but until then, all
we can do is wait for the code to be optimized, which
takes time.  Until then, given that everyone is a
volunteer--including the coders--I'd recommend
patience.  :-)

kq