[WikiEN-l] More about Zog

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 11:12:01 UTC 2003

In a post to the Johnny Rebel article, Zog wrote:

"The main reason why nothing was determined through "talking" is because
Danny refused to talk and defend his arguments. Yet, its his version that
wins out in the end? Very un-diplomatic"

I will reiterate my position here. Zog is a racist and a bigot and an
anti-Semite. He has written about the "gorillas" in Cuba who were behind the
revolution, the level of filth in various Latin American countries, and given
a list of racist epithets under the heading "song titles." His contributions,
particularly the earliest versions, are even more hateful. For example, he
write: "In JR's songs, are powerful messages about unity, equality, freedom,
and creating a better America. Although a bit silly at times, like with "KKK
man", which talks about killing Bill Cosby, bludgeoning Urkel, and extreme
hatred for Dr. Zaius, JR's Political messages have been poignant, political
and innovating for those in his hometown of Lousiana, and beyond."

Zog's very name is anti-Semitic. ZOG is an acronym for "Zionist Occupation
Government," a term used by neo-Nazis and White Power advocates to promote
the conspiracy theory that a cabal of Jews is secretly running the government
of the United States. Zog denied even knowing this, however, in his original
draft of the Johnny Rebel article he quoted David Duke as saying: "I have
been in politics for several decades and I will be in for several more, but I
always will never be able to articulate the way ZOG controls the media, the
coloreds want their hand-outs and how chimps DO, in fact, want their 'ugly
stick' as well as JR has." In other words, he is fully aware of the racist
connotations of his name.

I, for one, will not engage Zog in dialogue. To debate the content of his
articles is to grant the subject-matter legitimacy.  To debate whether people
of African descent are "gorillas" is dehumanizing to them. Personally, I
believe it is dehumanizing to anyone involved in the debate. To discuss which
songs of his to list (why "Some Niggers Never Die" or "No Niggers in Our
Schools" but not "Coon Shootin' Boogie"--for non-Americans, "coon" is another
derogatory term for African-Americans) is similarly offensive. To discuss
whether he is a member of the Ku Klux Klan or simply has views that run
parallel to theirs (though he did record the "KKK Song") is an attempt to
evade the point.

My position is that entering into dialogue with Zog grants him and his views
legitimacy. Sifting through his material so that his additions to the [[Chaco
War]] can stay, but comments like those he put in the [[History of Jews in
the Soviet Union]] should be removed is also an exercise in futilty. Do we
have to go through each of his edits to determine whether they are blatantly
racist or not.

For this reason, I will not enter into dialogue with him. I will remove his
changes as I see them, and hope that he will be banned. I hope people support
me in this. If you have any doubts, just look at the history of his user
contributions. This is certainly not the kind of person we want in Wikipedia.

Danny