[WikiEN-l] Johnny Rebel and ZOG

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 07:30:29 UTC 2003

John Knouse wrote:
>Good god, this ZOG person just won't let it rest.
>He wants to list every song that the racist Johnny
>Rebel wrote

We have discographies for many other musicians - Why not Johnny Rebel? I would
say this even if "nigger" were replaced by "faggot" for each song title (I'm
gay BTW).

>and wants to promote him in general.

As far as I can tell this JR person isn't the most well-known or famous of
musicians so his article should only be linked from a few other highly
relevant entries. Excessive linking to this article should not be allowed.

>There's a limit.  I mean, do we have to exhaustively
>provide details on someone so utterly revolting?

Yes we do - otherwise we would not have articles on Adolf Hitler, Richard
Ramirez or Pol Pot. Whenever a person is famous enough for inclusion and
facts about the person can be confirmed, we should include their biography in
Wikipedia. /Why/ a particular person is famous is not an important thing for
us to consider when allowing an article on them to be included in Wikipedia.
But we should, of course, state that information in the article and do so in
an NPOV way.

>It took repeated efforts to even make ZOG admit
>that there is more than one Johnny Rebel.  Can
>we do something about this ZOG guy?

I protected the page to stop the edit war and several people have been looking
over his edits. He may calm down and embrace NPOV or he may continue to be a
POV zealot and need to be banned. But he is new and we can't expect miracles
to occur over night.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)