[WikiEN-l] 172--what happened

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 03:35:55 UTC 2003

Actually, Eric, I disagree.

Trolling is a form of vandalism. This could justly be interpretted as
trolling. (I am reminded of the constant edit wars with Helga, which cost
Wikipedia quite a lot in terms of time and people who were disgusted and
left)

For me to just ask some other "neutral" sysop to do it instead of me is
hardly a neutral step.

I was not involved in an edit war. It was not an article that I care too
deeply about. I was protecting it from what I (continue to) perceive as
trolling.

Given the situation with Lir/.Vera Cruz/Susan Mason as well as Michael/Weezer
and 172, perhaps its time sysops took more steps to limit trolling and not
just the "George Washington had big balls" kind of vandalism. I open that for
discussion.

Danny