[Textbook-l] Rewrite of Wikibooks:What is Wikibooks

John Pozniak gentgeen at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 00:51:22 UTC 2006

After a quick look, I generally like much of the content of the proposal. One point I Really like is:

    Whether a book meets this criterion or not will be discussed on WB:VFD before deletion

I take this to mean that VFD should be for book deletion only. Individual modules within a book should be deleted or included in the book as decided by the editors _of that book_. I think right now we tend to micro-manage our books, with editing decisions made by the entire community, not the contributors with the most knowldge.

I'll ponder this some more before yammering on beyond comprehension.

John (gentgeen)