[Textbook-l] Rewrite of Wikibooks:What is Wikibooks

Jon thagudearbh at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 21:38:39 UTC 2006

In the light of all these discussions about what Wikibooks' scope is, I have drafted a
proposed rewrite of What is Wikibooks here:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Inclusion_criteria/Proposal

The idea behind this is:

to define inclusion criteria (ie getting away from the idea that anything not specifically disallowed is allowed)
to be positive about what we are here for by having a positive definition
to cut out a lot of advice on WB:WIW which elongates the guidance without saying anything people would dispute
a number of other existing proposals are effectively merged into it
I have also taken an idea given to be by RobinH - that policies should say in them
what happens if they are infringed, and added an enforcement section.

I don't intend my draft to be perfect - please go ahead and improve it.

All constructive comments would be welcome!

Kind regards

Jon