[Textbook-l] Game Guides

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 04:31:10 UTC 2006

On 6/10/06, Cormac Lawler <cormaggio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you mean, though, that the 'How-to' books are being removed from
> Wikibooks to Wikia, or simply used there under the GFDL? I hope it's
> the latter, but, if the former, which ones?

I'm not aware of anything being moved on mass to Wikia. There have
been deletions made in favor of moving the content to unrelated sites
though. For example, moving game guides to strategywiki.net, final
fantasy books to some FF wiki (I don't know which one, that's all the
deletion log says), and all of the Pokemon pages to gmcfoley.com and
wikiknowledge.net (which is not GFDL). If anything, there's an
opposition on Wikibooks to allowing to be moved to Wikia.

Angela.