[Textbook-l] Re: [Intlwiki-l] original sources on Wikipedia

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sun Aug 31 22:38:37 UTC 2003

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>Targuin wrote:
>

>>What does it take for things to HAPPEN around
>>here? I've not seen any decent objections, and
>>we all seem to agree on the fundamentals.
>>

>OK, I'll come out against having a separate Wikisource project since that is
>part of the whole reason of having Wikibooks.

I thought the purpose of Wikibooks was to create original, freely
licensed (FDL) textbooks.

If annotated public domain works are within this mission, then great,
start putting in them books! But it's a bit of a surprise to me, and
probably to many others. Perhaps we need a clearer WikiMedia Project Map
of some sort so the left hand knows what the right is doing. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)