[Textbook-l] Re:Wikibooks

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 10:54:36 UTC 2003

>From what I understand, this mailing list is for the
non-English Wikipedias and not for Wikibooks.  Could
we move the international discussion of Wikibooks to
another list, please?

Thank you,
Chuck

We were not discussing wikibook, we were discussing
whether wikibook was english restricted or not (ie, if
internationals should wait for the project to be have
a better stand first, before coming in for a non
english book) or whether we should specifically set
another site for each language because of the numerous
links, rc... issues.

If the current site is common to all languages, you
are right that this matter makes no sense here and the
subject moved to the appropriate list.

If the site is english only, the textbook mailing list
is about the english project only, then there is no
place to discuss it really, and this one is probably
the best choice to host discussion where non english
are involved.

Also, if it is is made clear that the current site is
english only (and for many of the reasons given by
mav, such as the rc, the common main page etc...),
then it should be made clear. Later on, when some
non-english people feel like doing a book, they will
just have to ask for a new site for this, and set
their own rules, obviously inspired from the current
one.

If the solution is this one, it should be discussed
whether the current english textbook should be moved
from http://textbook.wikipedia.org/ to
http://en.textbook.wikipedia.org/ .

No ?

Anthere