[QA] New fatal errors on beta labs

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 28 12:40:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf at free.fr> wrote:

> The cronjob is broken and runs every minutes for the hours 0 and 12. The
>  fix is https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/109877

Thanks.

> As I said in a previous thread:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/qa/2014-January/001021.html
>
> The file /data/project/logs/fatal.log can be accessed from any instance,
> ie from deployment-bastion.pmtpa.wmflabs

I remember that you said that, but that still means nothing to me. :) My
guess is that it is the case for the majority of the people on this list. I
could probably figure out how to get there, but then I am still not sure
what I could do even if I took a look at the log.

> The content is also on logstash:
>
>  https://logstash.wmflabs.org/#/dashboard/elasticsearch/fatalmonitor

It asks me to log in. Which credentials should I use? Gerrit?

Can somebody take a look at the log and let us know will this e-mail
message ever say "there were no errors in fatal log"?

Željko