[QA] New fatal errors on beta labs

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Tue Jan 28 12:30:30 UTC 2014

Le 28/01/14 13:10, Željko Filipin a écrit :
> I have just received three identical e-mail messages like this one. As I
> said before, the message does not have any actionable items for me. I
> would prefer that sending these messages to this list is disabled. I
> would not mind if these messages were sent to #wikimedia-qa IRC channel.

The cronjob is broken and runs every minutes for the hours 0 and 12. The
fix is https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/109877

As I said in a previous thread:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/qa/2014-January/001021.html

The file /data/project/logs/fatal.log can be accessed from any instance,
ie from deployment-bastion.pmtpa.wmflabs

The content is also on logstash:

 https://logstash.wmflabs.org/#/dashboard/elasticsearch/fatalmonitor

> #1 If such messages are useful for just a few people from the list, the
> messages should be sent to them directly.

Probably, not sure how to maintain such a list though.

> #2 If the messages are useful for the majority people on the list (but
> somehow I doubt it), then the message content could have more
> information how to see that log, for a few of us that have no clue how
> to do it.

We might want to add the links above to the message :-)

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso