[QA] Upload Wizard page appears to be missing on beta labs?

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 14 21:01:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Jeffrey Hall <jhall at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> When I had problems with the same test earlier (because it was unable to
> locate the UploadWizard page), that was a consequence of the MEDIAWIKI_URL
> environment variable value being set to "
> http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/"
>
> (Just thought I'd share this info in case anyone else is still getting
> their feet wet like me…)

Yes, exactly.  FWIW, when I run tests locally, the environment variables I
use constantly are:

MEDIAWIKI_USER (often Selenium_user)
MEDIAWIKI_PASSWORD (let me know if you need this)
MEDIAWIKI_URL (defaults to beta enwiki, as Jeff noted above)
and
BROWSER_LABEL  (either 'chrome' or 'firefox' (default value) on my local
Linux machine.  Note that if you want to use Chrome you need ChromeDriver
on the local machine, https://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/ChromeDriver,
it should Just Work if you follow the instructions there)