[Mediawiki-l] Logo and Style Sheets do not Display

John Eix jeix at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 28 03:01:13 UTC 2006

Hi I am using Fedora Core 5 and Mediawiki 1.6.7. If you go to URL

http://eix.dyndns.org/wiki/index.php?HomePage

you will see a very plain page with Navigation links along the left. But
there are no images or colours used. I chose standard in LocalSettings.php
but monobook didn't display the logo either. I have the ownership of all
files and all subdirectories of /var/www/wiki set to root:root and the
permissions of all files is read write for owner read for everyone else. The
exception is LocalSettings.php which is read write for everyone. The
directories are set at executable for everyone and the context is httpd_sys.
I have these same settings for my own site and everything works fine. At
first I thought the problem was permissions, ownership and context but I
think I have dealt with that and still a very plain looking wiki i.e. no
logo, no colour. Well I did some research on chcon but didn't find anything
of use so tried my last kick at the can. I created an .htaccess file in the
wiki folder with the line Allow from all and still the logo does not display
or any other graphic file and all I see is a very plain white Main Page very
discouraging. If you try this URL you get the word image but no graphic and
I get no error displayed. It is almost like the image is known to apache so
no error but for some reason it isn't displayed but I can't be sure apache
can access this folder, apparently MediaWiki can't access it??? I checked
the file size to see it was not zero???

http://eix.dyndns.org//wiki/skins/monobook/headbg.jpg

This URL just gives a blank page no error from Apache

http://eix.dyndns.org//wiki/skins/MonoBook.php

I am at a loss re what to do next any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you for considering this request!