[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki in an IFrame

Ryan Gregory Steele steele at agora-net.com
Wed Jun 28 01:54:38 UTC 2006

List,

I have a problem that I thought I'd found a solution to, but apparently
not.  I have a site which uses iframes.  Consequently, I'm attempting to
load Mediawiki 1.6.5 into an iframe.  However, it keeps popping out of the
iframe.  I thought that modifying /skins/common/wikibits.js and commenting
out these lines would fix it:

// Un-trap us from framesets
//if(window.top != window)
//   window.top.location = window.location

However, this doesn't seem to work...which makes no sense to me, but I
could just be missing something simple.  Anybody have any ideas?  Thanks
in advance.

Best,
Ryan
--
Using Linux is like living in a teepee...no Windows, no Gates, and there's
always an Apache in the house.