[Mediawiki-l] Category links

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 19:43:27 UTC 2006

On 4/7/06, John Wiedenhoeft <wiedenhoeft at gmx.net> wrote:
> Stupid question: if you have to categorize a category as a subcategory
> of another category, there will always be at least one category that's
> still red, unless you build up circles?
> >
> > 4) The red category link is an indication that either:
> >     a) This is a newish category which hasn't yet been categorized itself
> > or
> >     b) The category name was mistyped.

Well, it IS a bit metaphysical.

To get a sense of how it works on wikipedia look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fundamental
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_talk:Fundamental

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Categories
Which I think should be the only uncategorized category, which is why,
in turn I believe is the motivation for the special page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Uncategorizedcategories
Which I think is there to look for problem categories, and which
doesn't seem to be real time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_talk:Categories

--
Rick DeNatale