[Mediawiki-l] Image upload internal error

Matt Comstock mccomstock at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 00:12:57 UTC 2005

I get an error when trying to upload an image file
logged in as any user including as WikiSysop:

Internal error
Could not copy file "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\php10A.tmp" to
"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mediawiki/images/temp/4/42/20051008234644!DSC04075.JPG".

The "file paths\names" are slightly different each try
with the exception that .tmp always appears in the
first and the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mediawiki/images/
always appears in the second.

IIS ver. 5.1
WinXP Pro ver. 5.1.2600 build 2600
PHP ver. 5.0.4
mysql ver 4.1.12a-nt via TCP/IP
MediaWiki 1.4.7

In MediaWiki's LocalSeetings.php I uncommented the
line
$wgDisableUploads = false;

In PHP's php.ini:
file_uploads = On

In IIS for the MediaWiki directory under the default
website, when I right click, select properties and
look at the directory tab, under local path both the
read and write boxes are checked.

As per suggestions on

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Upload#Supported_file_types.3B_miscellaneous

I added this line to LocalSettings.php:
$wgFileExtensions = array( 'png', 'jpg', 'jpeg',
'ogg','doc','xls','ppt','mp3','sxc','pdf' );

That didn't help

I am able to 'wiki' fine otherwise, adding new pages,
etc.

I'd welcome any ideas for other things to try.

Thanks,

Matt