[Mediawiki-l] Incomplete install of 1.3.0... code dies

Bryan Yang preyx at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 04:46:26 UTC 2004

I tried the "index.php?title=Main_Page" through alteration of the
LocalSettings.php ($wgArticlePath = "{$wgScript}?title=$1";). The page
works, but exactly once. Then every time I attempt to reload the page the
browser. I've since discovered this problem only occurs in IE, I can access
the site fine using Mozilla. It appears that the site is usable besides the
odd IE problem (I may need restart to fix). However, there's another problem
(there always is!).

I am currently stuck with the inability to create new accounts, or even
login to my install-generated sysop account. I receive a " You have not
specified a valid user name. " upon user creation or a " The password you
entered is incorrect." error upon login.

Thanks for the help so far.
-Bryan

PS - Below is a copy of the end of the .html output from the install script
run on my site. The file ends on the last line copied. As I stated before,
no </body> or </html> tags present.

problems.</i></p>

<h2>Checking environment...</h2>
<ul>
<li>PHP 4.3.8: ok</li>
 option is enabled.</b> MediaWiki will work correctly, but this setting
 increases your exposure to potential security vulnerabilities in PHP-based
 software running on your server. <b>You should disable it if you are
able.</b></li>
 <li>PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs
<li>Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.</li>
may fail!</b> </li>
<li>Have zlib support; enabling output compression.</li>
<li>Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled
if you enable uploads.</li>
<li>Installation directory: