[Licom-l] More on dual licensing (updating Q&A)

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri May 29 02:41:41 UTC 2009

Many people familiar with the licensing vote and migration think that
Wikipedia will be fully dual-licensed in the future.  (perhaps most?
worth a spot survey?)

To the contrary, I would characterize it as a pretty clear statement
that Wikimedia is migrating to CC-BY-SA, while acknowledging the
current predominance of GFDL use and trying to support reusers who
cannot use materials under that license.

Here are some confusing bits  that I would update to make this more clear.

1. " while retaining dual licensing with the GNU Free Documentation
License (GFDL)."