[Licom-l] LiCom blog

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 18 21:41:04 UTC 2009

2009/3/17 Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com>:
> The thing is, we can use it for everything, but it doesn't need to be
> our only communications method.

Agreed; my thinking was more to use it to post quick updates for
people who really want to know what's going on at any given time,
while using mailing lists and other "official" methods like
sitenotices for the important communications that need to be more
widely distributed.

Anyway, I'm not wedded to the idea - if someone wants to volunteer to
be the "blog lead" and run a blog and make sure that we post
reasonably frequent updates to it, I would welcome that, otherwise
let's focus on the official communication needs first :-)

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation