[Licom-l] Report on # of votes

Huib Laurens Abigor at forgotten-beauty.com
Thu Apr 23 18:46:19 UTC 2009

Hello,

I wrote this email:

----

Hello colleagues,

At this time I am going to provide you with a small update from LiCom
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LiCom).

At 12 April 2009 a vote concerning the license change was opened and
announced via CentralNotice. Between 12 and 19 April 10.800 votes where
casted (Including non-valid votes). At April 14th approximately 4000
votes in 24 hours were recorded and looking at the entire week there was
an average of 800 votes a day.

Discussion and questions can be expressed on meta
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Licensing_update) and so far 39
people have asked questions there, most of them were answered in 24 hours.

The wiki voting system is up and running but like every system flaws and
bugs do exist. Since voting started ten bugs where reported of which 5
have been fixed. Most of the flaws were related to sitenotice or language.

Voting ends at 3 May 2009 so we have a little bit more then a week to
go. If you haven’t voted yet, please do so!
Best regards,

Huib Laurens

p.s
Some special thanks for:
Jeroen van Veen for the proofread
Andrew Leung for the numbers about the vote.

----

I am going to let it here untill later to night, so there is a way to
make some edits in it. When nobody will respond I will post it on the
foundation-l later tonight.

Best regards,

Huib