[Licom-l] User qualification error?

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 16 02:43:10 UTC 2009

Robert Rohde wrote:
> Tim,
>
> User:Apeiron at enwiki appears to be qualified to vote (barely, 35
> edits before the cut-off) but is reporting a not qualified error.
>
> Could you look into this?

Edits before the phase 3 switchover (c. Feb 2002) were not counted,
because those edits are registered in the database with a user ID of 0.
This is probably a good policy, since the conversion script created
those edits without registering any user account, meaning that whoever
registered the user name first, after the new software was enabled,
automatically claimed them.

I've made a special exception for Apeiron.

-- Tim Starling