[Licom-l] Login bug

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 19:56:48 UTC 2009

Andrew appears to be correct.  From reading:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/centralnotice/wikipedia/en/centralnotice.js?207xx

it appears that hiding any site notice has the effect of hiding ALL
sitenotices for 7 days.  Since there was a Wikimania notice launched a
few days ago, many people are likely to have already hidden the
notices.

Time for some kind of unique ids?

On a related point, the site notice rotation appears to be set to 3/8
empty, 1/8 Wikimania, and 1/2 Licensing.  I'm not sure what the point
of having the empty rotation there is (unless it is to manage vote
server load or something.)

-Robert