[Licom-l] Launch: still 2 April?

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 05:48:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Casey and friends have been making good progress with translations,
>
> I'm not too worried about this, but then again -- I might be too
> optimistic.  Status update, we have:
>
> Priority 1
> * 45 CentralNotice translations,
> * ~35 vote interface translations (the first part; last time I looked),
> * ~25 vote interface translations (second part),
>
> Priority 2
> * ~25 FAQ translations,
> * 16 main page translations,
> * 8 vote-header translations (but a similar thing is in the main page as well),
>
> Priority 3
> * 4 timeline,
> * 4 committee,
> * 6 vote-specs
>
> I've also gotten notes from quite a few other people that they want to
> help, but are busy right now and will take a look at it as soon as
> they can.  That doesn't take into account how many translations we'd
> get when the notice goes out. :-)  (The translation page is linked
> from all the notices.)
>
> By the way, Josh, I love the color-coding you did.

:-)  I like that too.

On a semi-related note, I've created a list of languages ordered by
number of edits to Wikimedia projects:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update/Translation/Languages

At least for me, I think this will help frame my thinking about
whether any major languages are missing.

-Robert