[Labs-l] [Labs-announce] DNS maintenance window on Thursday, 14:00 UTC

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Tue May 3 15:17:47 UTC 2016

This Thursday we're going to do some fairly intrusive rearranging of the
Labs DNS system[1].  No action is required on the part of Labs users,
but be ready for the following:

- For some or all of the window I will be disabling instance creation
and deletion.  Attempts to create or delete instances (or perform any
other actions that use the nova API) will fail with unhelpful error
messages.

- CI will be partially or completely broken (some CI tests require new
instance creation)

- In theory there will not be DNS service interruptions, but in practice
there may be.

This change is part of a series of planned DNS updates intended to
improve redundancy and performance.  Expect an hour of weirdness
beginning at 14:00 UTC, 7:00 AM San Francisco.