[Labs-l] Sharing files between instances and tools.

Merlijn van Deen valhallasw at arctus.nl
Fri Jul 24 11:09:21 UTC 2015

Hi Max,

On 24 July 2015 at 01:26, Maximilian Klein <isalix at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the best way to share data (a 100mb .csv) between an instance, and
> tool? I thought that the NFS meant that instances and tools where on the
> same filesystem, and indeed they both look to be, but from my instance I
> cannot see any of the filesystem past /data/project (because of
> permissions?)

/data/project is per-project, but /data/scratch is shared between projects.
If NFS is enabled for your project, you should have access to it; if not,
please create a bug in the Labs project to request access to NFS. More info
on the different shares:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Shared_storage#.2Fdata.2Fscratch

Alternatively, you can start up a webserver in your own instance, and set
up a proxy for that. For information on that, please check
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Proxy

Best,
Merlijn