[Labs-l] Sharing files between instances and tools.

Maximilian Klein isalix at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 23:26:49 UTC 2015

Doctors,

What is the best way to share data (a 100mb .csv) between an instance, and
tool? I thought that the NFS meant that instances and tools where on the
same filesystem, and indeed they both look to be, but from my instance I
cannot see any of the filesystem past /data/project (because of
permissions?)

More context:
I have a project that intends to munge wikidata and then visualize it. I am
hosting it on labs, and because it was difficult to run Wikidata-Toolkit on
the gridengine (configuring maven and java), I created an instance for it.
The output of the instance is .csv file that will be visualized by a
webservice, that I want to host on tools-labs.

Make a great day,
Max Klein ‽ http://notconfusing.com/