[Labs-l] Irc bot for Vikidia

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 26 18:27:53 UTC 2015

Roc --

On 1/26/15 5:34 AM, Roc Humet wrote:
> Well, Vikidia is not a wikimedia project. But the bot needs to be
> connected every time because it controlles the recent changes on
> vikidia wikis (Like CVNBots in #cvn-sw).
>
> The question is: can I run a bot for a non wikimedia project?
This is a bit of a grey area since your project clearly fits the WMF
mission but isn't explicitly covered by the Labs terms of use.  I would
say that as long as Vikidia remains an open source and non-commercial
project it's fine for you to run a bot on Labs -- I defer to Coren,
though, as it's more likely to be his time and resources that are involved.

-Andrew