[Labs-l] exposing web socket on labs

Jan Lebert jan.lebert at online.de
Wed Jan 21 09:33:45 UTC 2015

Hey,

I've experimented with WebSockets on Tools some months ago, it was
highly implementation specific if WebSocket servers worked. As far as I
remember the situation was as following:

socket.io 0.9 with python/gevent backend: total failure (regarding
WebSockets)

socket.io 1.0 with nodejs: WebSocket connection is established, client
receives everything, messages from client to server get lost somewhere
inbetween

native WebSocket library 'ws' on nodejs: same as above

sockjs with nodejs or python backend (tornado): works flawlessly

Best wishes
Jan