[Labs-l] Fingerprint change

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 26 17:41:13 UTC 2015

On 8/26/15 12:18 PM, Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada wrote:
> It looks like a temporal error. Now there is no warning.

This happens when our network service crashes.  While the network
service is down, all traffic bound for a specific instance instead hits
the network server.  Ssh blithely tries to log in there, sees the wrong
host key, and complains.

This was a side-effect of the upgrade I'm in the middle of.  I'm done
with the networking stuff so the problem shouldn't recur immediately.  I
don't know how to avoid it entirely :(

-A