[Labs-l] Crontab not working

Rainer Rillke rainerrillke at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 12:14:14 UTC 2014

> some crontab entries have been modified to grid submissions.
> Is there some documentation on this?

It means that the job you submitted was converted to use the grid
engine. I experienced an out-of-memory error for my grid'ed-jobs, for
example. So just submit your jobs to see whether they still work [1]:

jsub -N <job_name> -once <to_be_executed>

Standard output is written to the file called <job_name>.out and
<job_name>.err

You can see an example of my new cronfile there: [2]

OOM errors were something like "cannot call constructor of <foo>" for
node.js

> I only recently signed up for the mail list, so please excuse me if
> this has already been discussed.

Magog The Ogre, you can view the whole discussion in the archive:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/labs-l/2014-May/thread.html

--Rillke

[1]
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Tools/Help#Submitting.2C_managing_and_scheduling_jobs_on_the_grid