[Labs-l] Look-and-listen-map on Tool-labs

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Aug 20 09:03:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

Due to my master thesis and several unclear issues I didn't move the
Look-and-Listen-Map from toolserver to labs within the migration period.

Where should I ask or discuss if this software is allowed on labs again
or not?

Unclear parts for me in the past:

- the Lalm is not a tool for wikipedia itself, it's an experimental
portal for blind and visually impaired to navigate on the Openstreetmap
data.
- It is written in Java and needs a Servlet container or the ability to
run it's own jetty instance.
- It needs some kind of a raw openstreetmap database for now, although
it might be possible to implement an adapter to the publicly accessible
overpass-api for that.

As said briefly above, the Look-and-listen-map provides access to
openstreetmap data to visually impaired people. To do that it creates a
human readable text description on top of a visual map, where the blind
user can follow using keyboard and their own screenreader.

Who is the responsible person or group to talk to about this? Or do you
know that there's no chance at all on labs (or similar)?

kind regards
Peter