[Labs-l] More Puppet questions

Silke Meyer silke.meyer at wikimedia.de
Tue Jan 29 18:08:19 UTC 2013

Hi all!

Again, I have gathered some questions:

If I don't force a puppet run, how often does it run per default?

If my puppet files have been merged on gerrit, do I still have to check
the "puppetmaster::self check box?

How do you decide what is a module and what is "just" a manifest?

I came across this question because I need the jobrunner (from the
modules folder) for my puppet cooking and I'm not sure what to use:

My colleague aude has written simplified scripts for this in the
Wikidata context
(https://github.com/filbertkm/wikidata-tools/tree/master/jobrunner).
They are based on stuff on gerrit in
operations/puppet/modules/mediawiki_new. (Before the naming "_new" of
that folder made me think I was not supposed to use it because probably
someone just tried something.)

If the jobrunner already exists in puppet, could I still upload audes
simplified way or not? This would be inside my files/templates.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Best,

--
Silke Meyer
Systemadministratorin und Projektassistenz Wikidata

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt
für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.