[Labs-l] [regarding bots project] Please explain this to me

Ryan Lane rlane32 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 01:25:48 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Ryan Lane <rlane32 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Petr Bena <benapetr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> there is something very wrong
>>
>> everytime I change it to normal, within few minutes it's back to 000 -
>> can someone from ops take a look on that?
>>

> Seems there's a split-brain for that volume. I'm so tired of glusterfs.
> I've cleaned up the simple split-brains, and have fixed the permissions
> issues, but there's still a number of issues reporting in the log for
> split-brain. I'm going to talk with the gluster folks about this.

Well, It seems that the split brain isn't actually affecting the
permissions. According to the bug apache is doing this with mod_userdir.

The split-brain actually isn't an issue. Now that I've checked it, there
were 3 bad files:

/data/project/public_html/petrb/logs/#wikimedia-operations/20121217.txt
/data/project/public_html/petrb/wm-bot/html/#wikimedia-operations/20121217.htm
/data/project/public_html/petrb/wm-bot/html/##thesecretlair/20121217.htm

And the rest of the split-brain is for directories, which are likely due to
bad timestamps.

- Ryan