[Labs-l] Hello, and the short term plans

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Tue Feb 26 02:57:02 UTC 2013

"Marc A. Pelletier" <marc at uberbox.org> wrote:

>> "PPD" = "Perl Package Manager"?  No, I thought of run-of-

> I flubbed this, I meant "PPA":

> https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

Ah, Ubuntu!  I thought of duplicating the existing processes
for WMF-specific .debs.  PPA looks appropriate as well (or
even more), but external services means security risks to be
assessed and, if the PPA is maintained by non-WMF admins,
that there may be delays until patches are integrated.

But anyway, this is probably more interesting in a few
months time, when enough tools have migrated to Labs so that
one can see which libraries are shared by a significant num-
ber of tools and these tools have already been successfully
deployed in some way.

Tim