[Labs-l] OpenID as a provider enabled on labsconsole

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 21 21:09:58 UTC 2013

Thanks to Thomas Gries and UnwashedMeme the blockers for OpenID as a
provider have been fixed. I've deployed OpenID as a provider on
labsconsole. It's now possible (and recommended) to enable applications in
Labs to login using labsconsole.

If you wish to force the OpenID provider (which is also recommended, if the
application supports it), the identity url is:

https://labsconsole.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:OpenIDServer/id

There's still one open issue that needs to get solved for this to work
flawlessly. Currently, user pages must exist on labsconsole for a user to
login with OpenID. This is because MediaWiki returns 404 on redlinks,
including pages for users that exist, but have no page content. We'll be
working on solving this issue, but may just create empty pages for all
users in the mean time.

- Ryan