[Labs-l] Draft online: Roadmap for the setup of Tool Labs and the migration from Toolserver

Silke Meyer silke.meyer at wikimedia.de
Fri Apr 19 10:41:42 UTC 2013

Hi all!

As you know Wikimedia Deutschland has the mandate to create a roadmap
for the availability of features on Wikimedia Labs / Tool Labs that are
currently available on the Toolserver until the next membership assembly
(May 25th). I have worked on this for the last weeks and now published a
draft. I would like to get your feedback on this draft to make sure it
is sound and nothing vital is missing. The current version is not final
but hopefully very close to what will be presented at the membership
assembly next month.

The plan has been drafted in close cooperation with the responsible
people at the Wikimedia Foundation. It still needs a final ok from them
though.

You can find the drafts at:

English version: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Tool_Labs/Roadmap_en

German version: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Tool_Labs/Roadmap_de

To not spread out discussions too far please use the discussion pages of
the above two pages for comments, suggestions and corrections.

Cheers, Silke

--
Silke Meyer
Internes IT-Management und Projektmanagement Toolserver

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt
für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.