[Labs-l] Self Hosted puppetmaster with puppet clients?

Andrew Otto otto at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 3 22:48:49 UTC 2013

Hm, its not so hard for me to switch branches on the cloned puppet repo once it is at /var/lib/git/operations/puppet.

> In development cycles, you clone the
> production repository to GitHub or wherever, test changes
> and commit, then, when your changes are merged in Gerrit
Interesting?  Why the need to clone the repo to Github?  (I did that once too :p ).

Is it possible to push directly to an operations/puppet branch, or does every commit have to go through Gerrit review?  I think to make this workable we'd need to be able to push to a branch directly.