[Labs-l] What are "projects" and how should I use them (+intro)

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Fri Oct 5 00:30:26 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Aaron Halfaker
<aaron.halfaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't mean to be obtuse, but how does the bot project more easily share
> their infrastructure and community due to the presence of the project?  You
> see, I'm trying to learn how these things work.  I did not meaning to
> suggest that a bot developer should avoid the bots project.  I just want to
> understand how projects work and when I should consider creating a new one.

I think the bots project was (and still is) essentially just an early
baby step towards tool labs.

If you want to make your own instances from scratch yourself and get
little help maintaining them from others (unless they're involved with
the rest of your project) then you can get your own project.

If you just want to run a bot but not worry about the system as a
whole (or you want to worry about the system as a whole for everyone
else too, not just your own bot) then join the bots project.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Aaron Halfaker
<aaron.halfaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does a "Nova Resource" == "Project"?

No. Nova Resource is a general term for a bunch of things (including
instances); one of those things happens to be projects.

-Jeremy