[Labs-l] Starting migration to new hardware today, expect some downtime on your instances

Ryan Lane rlane32 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 18:14:04 UTC 2012

I'll be migrating instances instances to the new hardware today. You
should expect some downtime on your instances as these are cold
migrations (we're moving away from gluster for instance storage). I've
seen very large instances have downtime of up to two hours. KVM's
migration, in lucid at least, seems to be fairly inefficient.

Migrations will continue till all instances are off the old hardware.
I expect this process to take roughly one week.

- Ryan