[Labs-l] Upgrade complete

Steve Slevinski slevin at signpuddle.net
Tue Aug 28 14:45:13 UTC 2012

Hi list,

The upgrade seems to have confused mysql on my instance.

After a lot of investigation and poking around and a few reboots, I was
able to produce the error:
(Can't contact the database server: Unknown database 'testwiki' (localhost))

Using show variables from mysql, the datadir is /mnt/mysql

On the back end, I did find database testwiki in /var/lib/mysql

I'm not sure the best/easiest way to fix this.

In /etc/mysql/my.cnf, there are 2 variables that point to /mnt/mysql:
datadir and innodb_log_group_home_dir

Not sure if I should update the variable(s) to point to /var/lib/mysql
or try to move the testwiki directory to /mnt/mysql

Any ideas or advice?

-Steve