[Labs-l] OpenStack Nova upgrade scheduled for Monday, August 20

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Mon Aug 13 19:58:54 UTC 2012

We're planning on upgrading OpenStack Nova on Monday August 20th.
We'll try to keep downtime to a minimum, but it's possible that there
will be extended downtime during the upgrade. Our deployment window
will be from 10:00 - 18:00 PDT. The schedule for this is ambitious, as
we may not be ready to upgrade by this date. If we are not ready,
we'll push the window to the following week (August 27th, same time).

During this deployment window, we'll try to keep instances
operational, however, all OpenStack services will be down. This means
labsconsole access will be limited, and many instance actions won't be
available.

Please do *not* reboot instances during this deployment window. Since
the nova-network service will be down, it's possible that rebooting an
instance will cause it to be down until the entire upgrade is
complete.

- Ryan