[HipHop] progress and ssh access

Paul Tarjan pt at fb.com
Thu Jun 6 17:01:59 UTC 2013

>>You guys have been added to the "performance" project and have all the
>>rights to the instance(s) in it. As I said before, I've been testing out
>>things
>>on an instance called hhvm-mw.
>>
>>I've been working out of /var/lib/hiphop/ where the custom libraries were
>>installed, as well as hiphop itself in ./hiphop-php. MediaWiki itself is
>>cloned
>>from master in ./mw
>>
>>I got a fully compiled version of hhvm on there as of yesterday's master,
>>but I was unable to get MediaWiki running before getting pulled on other
>>things. I was trying to run it with -m server and was getting an error
>>about
>>'Uncaught exception: no factory for server type "libevent"\n'

I logged in, yay! Note to others: Private keys take a few minutes to
propagate. You set them in preferences.

I don't seem to have sudo. Should I just ping the mailing list for rooty
things?

Speaking of that: Can you make a world writable directory on local disk
somewhere? Compiling over NFS is taking a long time.

What (if any) config.hdf have you cooked up to run your code? I'd love to
use that as a starting point.

Paul