[HipHop] progress and ssh access

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 17:21:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Paul Tarjan <pt at fb.com> wrote:
> Hey Wikimedia,
>
> I've been busy getting a bunch of other open source projects working on
> HHVM, and to do that I had to build some of the features on your wish
> list. So, ArrayObject and FilesystemIterator will land in the next few
> days. Are you running the open source package or compiling from source?
> I'd recommend using the source, so that we can test features as they land,
> instead of waiting for sara to repackage. Most OS instructions are here:
> https://github.com/facebook/hiphop-php/wiki/_pages (ubuntu is the most
> tested).
>
> Also, do you have the labs environment set up? We'd love to have SSH
> access and solve any problems you're running into.

Sorry for the (extreme) delay in responding Paul, you caught me when I was
on vacation and then I got sick upon coming back. To answer your questions:

1) I've been building from source each time, not relying on any packages

2) Yes, we've got a labs environment setup with this. If anyone who's got
a labs account wants access, let me know and I'm more than willing to
add them. The instance name I've been testing on is called hhvm-mw, but
we can spin up as many others we want.

-Chad