[Foundation-l] Outsiders on the Board? (was Re: Poll for Wikistandards)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 15:16:19 UTC 2006

--- daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
> This is not an indictment of volunteers. I believe that they are the
> lifeblood of this organization. At our size, however, we are faced with enormous
> responsibilities. All of these efforts at reorganization are attempts to  channel
> volunteer efforts effectively, so that they can continue doing what  they do
> best--fulfilling the Foundation's mission statement by creating and
> distributing high quality free content resources--while limiting the  repercussions
> that the Foundation, and by extension, the volunteers, face when  things do not
> go right. This is something that requires professional legal and  financial
> knowhow.

Exactly. And while the pool of Wikimedians who can help is large and growing larger, that pool
will not always have the right mix of skills we need to run the foundation (sic the oranization
NOT the projects). Thus we will sometimes have to look outside that community to fill certain
roles within the foundation.

BTW, every board member is also a Wikipedian. :) Some just edit more than others.

-- mav