[Foundation-l] Re: Steward elections

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 08:30:37 UTC 2006

Dariusz Siedlecki wrote:
> Here are the final results:
>
> Ausir (100%)
> Walter (100%)
> Jon Harald Søby (100%)
> Suisui (100%)
> Ascánder (100%)
> Rdsmith4 (97,78%)
> Romihaitza (97,67%)
> villy (96,25%)
> Paginazero (90%)
>
> The other candidates didn't get 80% of support.
>
> Seeing as the Wikimedia projects need new stewards ("and a lot of
> 'em!"), I'd be really happy to see the Board supporting all of the
> mentioned candidates.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Dariusz "Datrio" Siedlecki

Hi

Actually...

it would have been nice that you gave the time to the board to approve
all the mentionned candidates.

Next time we are supposed to give our opinion on the matter, it would be
  best to actually allow 24 hours for doing so. I do not think it really
matters in this case, but it would have both followed the elections
rules AND be polite to us.

------

Aside from this

I suggest that in a few months from now, we set up a "reconfirmation" of
current stewards (not those just elected, but the old chaps). Several
have been removed in the past few months, mostly because inactive. But
it might be that some editors are actually not happy with some stewards
and might wish to change their minds with them.

Second, I suggest that a sort of policy be done with regards to the use
of checkuser rights.
Stewards can use checkuser rights. Checkuser rights may impact the
Foundation privacy policy, so maybe the Foundation should have a say on
who gets this access. And checkuser rights involve technical skills. So,
these populations should be different.

Anthere