[Foundation-l] Emergency on Wiktionary

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 21:32:04 UTC 2006

I can imagine that it works well for a lot of wiki's. As I understood
also WiktionaryZ is very easy on the behalf of making someone sysop.
And other wiki's are as well. It is very like "adminship is no big
deal". And maybe it shouldn't. But then deamminship shouldn't be a big
deal either i think. Because when someone is adminned easely, the
chance that you grab someone who doesn't fit the profile is easier,
and deadminning should be easier, so you can fix it quick as well.
I've seen little misuse of people with adminship, apart from things
like easier blocking etc. But that is something the community can and
should solve anyway. You will have the same issues on that behalf when
s.o. is after a hard procedure admin.
And regarding bureaucrat, that shouldn't be a big deal either maybe.
Because a sysop is supposed to be trusted, the bureaucrat is as well.
As long as you watch closely what each bc is doing.

greetings, Lodewijk