[Foundation-l] Emergency on Wiktionary

Filip Maljkovic dungodung at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 19:57:35 UTC 2006

geni wrote:
> On 8/12/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 40 admins, 25 are bureaucrats? Yikes! I thought having 42 admins with 4
>> bureaucrats was a lot!
>>

> Certian projects tend to promote people to bureaucrat rather than
> admin. Species for one.

In Serbian Wikipedia, on the other hand, there was a lax policy
regarding admin/bureau. promotions. Namely, after 1 month of active
contributions, you could become an admin and after 1 more month, a
bureaucrat. That has changed in the past half a year or so. Now, with
regards to some recent situations, I wouldn't be surprised if the policy
becomes ever so restrictive. I, for example, became an admin in 11 days
(fastest in sr: wikipedia). :) But that was more than a year ago...

Filip