[Foundation-l] Re: Emergency Medicine Wikibook: seeking programmersand doctors, nurses, paramedics

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 04:32:47 UTC 2005

Paris Lovett a écrit:
> Hmmm. I did indeed sit down with some board members and a lot of people felt
> that it was reasonable to start the Emergency Medicine Wikibook with a few
> departures from the previous Wiki norm: registration screen, credentials,
> templates.
>
> But after reading these emails and some others that followed my meeting with
> the board, I'm feeling that indeed I should just start the thing. So I did.
> It's online.

Good :-)

Do not forget to advertise it in the project pump, in particular english
speaking pumps.

> I created a "template" page for people to use, mainly to keep some
> consistency in organization.
>
> At this point I'd particularly appreciate it if anyone has time to tweak and
> make the template page as good looking and smooth as possible. When I invite
> doctors to create new pages they will start by copying the template, so it
> will influence the whole look of the book.

It will, so take your time.

> I'm a terrible newcomer to the Wiki markup language, I have to admit. If
> anyone has time to teach me on some very basic topics, I'd much appreciate
> it. (And yes, I have looked them up on the help pages, but just haven't
> figured them out yet). Just email me if you have patience for a poor
> beginner and a little free time.

I can't help you here. I still do not succeed to use table mark up.
Actually, try to avoid using them...

> One final, rather big question. I've gone ahead and created an entire set of
> chapters, but the chapters point to (as yet) empty pages. I'm wondering if
> that's the best strategy. It seems possible that it's better to leave blank
> things that haven't been written yet, so people know they need to be
> written.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paris.

No, you should leave empty pages. This suggests to newcomers what is yet
missing.

Ant